A HOW-TO ON CRYPTOCURRENCY & WHY BLOCKCHAIN IS THE FUTURE
Brielle has always had her eye on the cryptocurrency space. Fast forward to early 2018, where she stumbled upon an ex-hedge fund manager who was making a living solely by trading cryptocurrency during a “Women in Blockchain” event in NYC. After having been disappointed in the event’s theory-based structure and not getting the hands-on training she wanted, she gladly took the ex-hedge fund manager’s offer to learn. She was inspired by the woman’s ability to be proactive in an intimating space, and she soon became fascinated by the technology and opportunities available. She is now actively invested in blockchain technology platforms and cryptocurrencies and currently works on the marketing team at RAMA.
Elena recently graduated with an MBA from NYU Stern. She has contributed to various blockchain projects such as developing business plans for social impact initiatives in Venezuela and consulting for an insurance software firm. She specializes in translating big concepts into clear ideas and cutting through the buzzwords and jargon to get to the “so what”. Elena is currently a contributing writer for the Future Today Institute and enjoying summer in NYC. www.elenagiralt.com
WITH BRIELLE PEARSON & ELENA GIRALT
✨ SUNDAY AUGUST 19, 2018 1:00PM – 4:00PM
$15 IN ADVANCE • $20 DAY OF
✨ What the hell is blockchain?
• Demystifying blockchain technology for nontechnical audiences.
✨ Blockchain for Social Impact
• Discover how blockchain technology can be used to help refugees, democracy, and financial inclusion
✨ Women in Blockchain
• Learn how women are leading the development and creation in the blockchain industry.
INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
• Take the first steps to setting up your cryptocurrency accounts.
• Get set up on two main exchanges and explain how to use them in order to invest and trade.
• Review short term and long term strategies for holding and storing cryptocurrency.
*Disclosure: These workshops will not provide financial advice. We recommend you to take care of your personal finances accordingly.